Thursday, July 2, 2009

An Exceptionally Good Restaurant










LeManiInPasta

Osteria


Up to the day the movers sadly (for me) whisked all my belongings away from Trastevere, I could say I was one of the regulars at LeManiInPasta, having lived for several blissful years in picturesque Vicolo Dell'Atleta around the corner. Now that I live on the distant other side of the river, 6 long Rome kilometres away, I am no longer a regular (boo-hoo) but it's still my eatery of choice, never failing to impress. An osteria with a following of aficionados who regularly pop in for lunch is no small feat in Trastevere where competition is fierce and locals prefer generally not to eat out.


The fast moving and dynamic chef is Sardinian and his island's culinary traditions are evident in several of his signature dishes. A wall of glass separates kitchen from seating so you can watch him artfully juggling frypans, tossing pasta and swirling sauces and he looks out for you as well....

Specialties include marinated sea bass with shaved truffles (an unusual combination that works), a superb seafood antipasto by far superior to any I've had elsewhere, a selection of shellfish to have with or without pasta and top cuts of grilled meat. Ingredients are unfailingly super super fresh (I've watched suppliers create traffic havoc with their vans each morning in narrow Via Dei Genovesi).

The atmosphere is feel-good and relaxed and the waiters are friendly and attentive. You can even eat here on your own without feeling awkward in the slightest.



LeManiInPasta

Via Dei Genovesi

Tel: 065816017

(closed Monday)







No comments:

Post a Comment